Monday, June 29, 2009

Spain

Ok, so I said something about photos from Spain...and one month later...tadaaa:

First meeting with the ocean...(this year at least)











Nina is training to be a lifeguard in Australia...

Time to take a break from the job and play on the beach...

Nina even caught a HUGE fish!

Breakfast outside, Nina's protecting hear head from the burning sun (in the shade, he, he)...

Nina's stuck...hmmm...what to do, what to do???

More swimming...

Taking a hike...outside our appartment...



Nina on the playground...very concentrated!

Inside...very happy, and not so happy...

Nina practising for her second job...a model of course...

Now it's very hot here too (around 30 deg C), actually it's warmer here than in Spain, so we can't complain...or, we do complain because it is too hot of course, ha, ha. I just love this time of year. We have just passed the shortest nigth, but it's still not very long nights, sun going down around 23.00, and going up around 3.30. I was biking home from work on Saturday at 23.30 and the sun had just gone down, it was nice and warm...and it's just such a good feeling. Even if I work long hours it doesn't feel like it since I come home when it is still daylight. Anyway...I guess the next post will be about summer in Norway. Oliver's parents are coming tomorrow (staying for 5 weeks), and then I'll have a chance to really focus on finishing my PhD...it's going to be a rough summer for me...hope Nina and Oli will enjoy it a bit more....

1 comment:

Egg Mum said...

Riding a bike home at 2300!!! Oh Heidi, I'm so jealous. My precious bike is still gathering dust in the house. We haven't been able to ride for almost 2 years already.

As for Nina, she is getting prettier and prettier! And so tall too. How tall is she? I heard North Europeans are known for their height, now I know it's absolutely true!

Good luck for your Phd. I know it's hard to settle down and do some real work in summer when the weather outside is so tempting... but just hang on there!!

Cheers, Evelyn