Happy New year everyone!
Now, what shall I write about summing up 2008...
We are back from x-mas holidays at my parent’s place, which was nice and relaxing. My mum even looked after Nina twice, so that we got one trip to Oslo for lunch and shopping, and one trip to celebrate Oli’s birthday in Oslo going to the cinema (first time in two years, yeah) and eating out, what a treat! Now we are back in Ås and life is back to “normal”, Nina being back in Kindy and we being back at work. It was nice with a break, but it’s good being back at work too :-)
All the kids at Kindy have their own song. Nina’s song is “Ole Brum sangen”, a song about Winnie the Pooh in Norwegian. It is perfect for Nina because she really loves that cute little bear. But just so she wouldn’t forget about day care we found the song on YouTube and played it for her, and she was really happy about that and gave us the order to push the button over and over again...
All the kids at Kindy have their own song. Nina’s song is “Ole Brum sangen”, a song about Winnie the Pooh in Norwegian. It is perfect for Nina because she really loves that cute little bear. But just so she wouldn’t forget about day care we found the song on YouTube and played it for her, and she was really happy about that and gave us the order to push the button over and over again...
We celebrated New Years at home together with our friends Morten, Ingrid and Andreas. It was a really nice evening, Nina and Andreas was playing together (most of the time) nicely, and the parents got to talk and eat some good food :-) We started the evening looking at the fireworks in Sydney on TV, it was nice and sad at the same time. The kids went to bed at eight, and our three guest left the house before midnight, but Oli and I stayed up to clean up, so we got to see all the fireworks without going out in the cold weather (think it was -18 that night). Nina slept trough all the noise (luckily) - a perfect end to a good year, hope 2009 will be just as good!
Andreas and Nina were in charge of the dinner. Andreas started out by making roast duck and boiled train, jummy! Nina was in charge of cutting up the duck, and after some consultation with me in the kitchen (although Andreas was hard to convince) Nina found the perfect temperature to make fried plastic doll as a starter. Andreas made sure that the train was not over done by taking it of the stove, while Nina was preparing the plastic doll.
After dinner, the kids got to see some live duck's on TV up close.
And of course, some cuddles with you boyfriend is a must on an evening like this!
On the 2nd of January (Oli's birthday actually) I got to visit my friend Tonje and her three week old daughter Wilma. She was really cute, and I tried to capture Tonje and Wilma with the stunning sunset in the background, but it was only partly a success as you can see, he, he.
I even got to hold Wilma for 2 seconds, and it might look as if I have lost the grip of handling a new-borne bub, but it’s more due to the fact that I’m not used to being a mother of two and trying to give an incredibly jealous Nina some food (to stop her from screaming from the top of her lungs), while trying to hold a sleeping Wilma that slowly was sliding further and further down. I guess I have to practise on that if Nina is ever going to have a sister or brother :-) (well, I have to work with both the jealousy issue and caring for two kids at once – how is that possible, I’ve got my arms full just taking care of Nina, ha, ha).

1 comment:
Heehee... you will cope when Nina gets a sis/bro. You see, God created 2 thighs and 2 hands for each mother. I found good use for both sides of my body after Isaac is born. Heehee...
It'll be fun when there's 2 kids in the house. What a riot!
Post a Comment