First, some overlap of my previous blog (but that was in Norwegian, so I guess it's ok with a little translation).
The trip home went well, we were all tired of course, but Nina was a really good girl all the way so we can't complain. On the airport we were met by my dad and my friend Ragnhild who brought a Norwegian flag that Nina got to hold, and she started to wave it in the air. But since it was a bit heavy for a tired girl she had to rest it on her nose :-)
Yeah! Back home!!!
Oh, I'm tired!
The temperatures in Norway in May can vary a lot! The first weeks we had about 5 C in the mornings, but it went up to around 22 C during the day. And some nights we had minus 1-2 C.
Nina got to try her new car on our terrace one of the first days, but she was not thrilled with all the clothes she had to wear. Poor girl, you better get used to it!
Mum, I can't move!!!
As soon as the sun started to heat up the air Nina got happy and felt more back to normal with t-shirt, and her first own ice cream cone, yum! It doesn’t show that well, but she’s got a kangaroo t-shirt to remind us of where we have been the last eight months :-)
Hmmm, what's this?
OK, let's give it a go...
...YUM! I love it!!!
Mum, can I have one more after this, PLEASE???
The first two weeks Nina felt very insecure and “lost” here in Norway. Of course, for her it’s like moving to a totally new place, since she can’t remember anything from our home. But at the same time Oliver and I felt at home right away, so it was a bit hard to understand how strange this must have been for Nina. She was whining a lot and was very clingy. So the first weeks were a bit exhausting for us. But after we bought here some new toys and she woke up every day and found herself in the same bed and the same house as the day before she started to relax more. And I’m sure she now feels that this is her home!
Playing with dad...
...wanting to play with mum (or the camera)!
Since we live among cows and farm land Nina needs a tractor to transport toys...
One morning Nina woke up she also found this waiting for her in the livingroom...
Heeey, what's this???
...and what can I do with this?
I know, it's a plane!
He, he...it's great!!!
Nina's airplane.
Around our national day, on the 17th of May the temperatures dropped a lot due to some cold winds from the north (and we got the coldest national day in 50 years or so). The nice national costume I bought for Nina was left at home and she got to wear some warmer clothes instead. But this day it was so many people to watch that Nina didn’t mind all the extra clothes.
Ready for the big day!
Walking is fun, but hard with a lot of clothes on.
Hotdog (or Pølse in Norwegian) is a MUST on this day :-)
Walking some more with dad...
...and a break in the sun with mum!
Nina is walking now (she took her first steps without support the day before we left Australia, but after we came to Norway she got a bit scared of everything new, so then she didn't want to be left alone for one second). Anyway, this is a typical example of Nina walking around in our living room. She likes to poke her head between our two sofas since I usually have my computer on a table in the corner.
More walking, but also Nina’s favourite posture...poking her round belly out while leaning into the sofa. It looks really cute :-)
Forth...
...and back!
Some other toys Nina has got that she loves is her "mini-beach" in the garden...If you have been going to the beach for 8 months you can't just stop like that :-)
Another favorite is her mushroom pool with 100 balls in it, a present from her aunty Line!
Nina walking around with her two mushrooms.
Nina eating and sorting the balls in her little pool.
After we came home Nina has met up with some old mates :-) One is Guro from our Norwegian mothersgroup and another friend is Amalie. I’m looking after Amalie twice a week. It’s hard work to have two little girls, but Nina likes the company, and she isn’t jealous at all, even when I carry Amalie around half the day (she can’t walk yet). And a positive effect is that when I only have Nina I think every day is easy as pie :-)
Guro
Amalie
Eh...Koala?
2 comments:
Hi Heidi!!
Thanks for the blog - FANTASTIC! And even better to see another 'round belly' - Bridget's got one of those (a bit larger though) and I think mummy better stop giving her so much food!!! Nina's looking a little more like her daddy - but that's okay, when she gets older, she'll probably start to look more like you!!
Let me know by email when you do your next blog so I can check it out
Love Elizabeth
Så søt hun er :) og stor :) Håper vi ser dere snart, kanskje i bursdagen til Walle?
Post a Comment